Saturday, September 12, 2009

Going Domestic

We had a busy Saturday! It started at 10:30 when I attended my ward's Super Saturday. I only signed up for one craft because I knew it would be difficult for me. While there, I went to a candy making class where I ate my weight in chocolate and caramel. The kids and I finished with that by the afternoon and then headed to the Ririe's to deal with a bushel of peaches. My friend, Tiffanie, found a great deal on peaches that made it hard to say no. I have never done any canning except for strawberry jam one summer when I lived in St. George. All I can say for canning is that it takes a long time but I think the payoff can't be beat!



Me, in the apron I made in Mrs. Grow's Home Ec. class in 8th grade, cutting and pitting peaches.

Janice posing in front of some of our beautiful product. Big thanks to her for letting us use her kitchen and to her hubby, Brent, for helping maintain order with eight rambunctious kids. We are thinking of doing salsa next so if you have a good recipe, send it my way!

2 comments:

  1. I used to can with Grandma Joy. I would really love to have some of her peaches or some of her jam. Those were the good ol' days! I was going to attempt pomegranate last fall. Maybe I'll get up the gumption one of these days! Yours look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--that looks cool. Also, what the heck, you've saved your old home-ec apron all these years? Wow. It is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete