I was busy packing the car for our trip to Cedar Mountain so I had the garage door open. I was making many trips back and forth and just making sure I remembered everything for our trip and the long drive. I was walking from my bedroom to the garage when Amber stopped me and said, "Daddy's car rolled backwards." I was immediately frightened and wondered what I would find when I rounded the corner to my garage. This is what I saw.

My neighbour was standing beside Craig's car that was now parked in his grass. He said Amber was on the driver's seat standing up when he opened the door. She said, "I drove Daddy's car!" and didn't seem scared at all. Lee watched the whole thing and said the car was going pretty fast when it hit the curb and then bounced to a stop. We are so lucky nothing was in the car's way on its path out of the garage and that Amber had the door closed so she didn't fall out and run over herself. Very scary!

To think my three year old did this! Here are my lessons learned: 1) Kids do not play in cars and 2) Cars that are manual transmission need to have their parking breaks on! Also, I have a great neighbor who wasn't mad one bit!
WHAT THE?!! Your 3-year old did that? I'm glad she's OK!
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow!!!! I am glad she was safe!
ReplyDelete