Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Taylor Visit

This past weekend, Craig's sister and her family came up for a visit. It was a little touch and go as all of their kids got sick one by one on the day they arrived. Thanks to a Sunday held up in a hotel room waiting for the stomache flu to pass, we were able to carry through with plans to hit Lagoon on Monday. Lucky for us the weather held, and we had a great time!



The fun began Saturday at the Oquirh Temple open house. Surprisingly, my kids were really excited to see the inside of a temple. They especially loved the baptsimal font, the chandeliers, and the gold leafing throughout the temple. Just Beautiful! Interstesting fact: While standing on the grounds of this temple, you can see out over the Salt Lake Valley and see at least two other temples. A blessing to Utah to have so many temples.

After the temple we visited the Bingham Canyon Copper Mine that wasn't much further past the temple. It was FREEZING! Again, I was pleasantly surprised at what the Mine had to offer. Fantastic views and interesting information. Following the mine we all loaded up and went to Chuck-E-Cheese which is where the flu grabbed a hold of the fun. But not for long! Monday we hit Lagoon!

Jaden, Scott, Craig, and Spencer braving the cold water of Rattlesnake Rapids! They are headed straight to a waterfall!

Amber, Megan, and I on the Merry-go-round. The highlight of my day was having one of the midway workers guess my age. He guessed that I was 23!! I'm sure he forgot his glasses that day but still, it made my day!


I happily put my kids on this ride without seeing it go around first. I thought it would be a nice slow ferris wheel type. I was so wrong. When this baby started to move I thought both my kids were going to have heart attacks. Megan turned beet red and I don't think she took a breath the whole time and I was waiting for Spencer to ralph. They were happy to get off.

Fun can be so tiring. Craig surprised me by buying season passes for Lagoon this year, so if these pictures temp you to come visit, please do!!

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Sounds like a fun time. That makes me laugh about the ride you didn't know was fast--poor megan. Awesome about 23!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm there!!!! Hopefully we will be able to make it up there one of these days soon. Looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys had such a fun visit! I have to admit I'm bummed we most likely won't make a trip this summer. :-( We had such a blast last summer. (I was hoping to make a tradition) ANYWAYS... season passes to Lagoon? What a fun Daddy! Good work Craig! We've been to the mine years ago & we quite liked it too. Hopefully we'll get to see the Willie's in Overton this summer. Luv ya' all!

    ReplyDelete