Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Activities

I was worried that our summer would be long and boring because we had nothing really planned for the month of June. Boy, was I wrong! We have kept busy and have avoided the dreaded "I'm bored" declaration from the children. Here is a sampling of our June's activities...
Our local bowling alley has offered free bowling for all the children and we just have to pay for shoe rental. Lot's of fun for the kiddos and exercise to boot! I am sad to admit that after bowling my hamstrings always feel a little sore :)
I love this picture. Amber is giving Lexi words of wisdom to get that elusive strike! And those little bowling shoes are so dang cute!
We set up the backyard pool. Amber couldn't wait to get in. The water was straight from the hose and ice cold but Amber didn't care!
Craig has worked really hard to keep our backyard beautiful! Bragging alert! If you don't wish to hear me brag about my hubby continue to the next paragraph!! Craig designed our backyard with some help from his dad and has done all the work basically by himself. (Again with help from his dad and family members.) I love our backyard and think it is the best place to be! It really makes the summers fun to have a place we all like to hang out.
We attended an opening day screening of Cars 2 with our Auntie Willis. The kids really liked the movie. Funny note, while loading up the kids I got a little distracted talking to my neighbor friend and ended up forgetting Amber's shoes. We had to stop and purchase some before the movie :)
I love it when movie theaters have up the movie posters to pose in front of!
Some days we get a little desperate and go to the local grocery store and hang out! We were seriously at Macey's for several hours for their kid's carnival. We had fun and the kids all got their faces painted.No we aren't partial to the Ute's. Frankly, I couldn't care less, but Spencer has decided that we must like one or the other and today it was Utah!
Megan got popcorn on her face. Hee hee! What fun will July bring??

No comments:

Post a Comment