Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our July Fourth Weekend


Our fourth of July took us south. We did lots of traveling and had some fun! Our first stop was in St. George to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Craig's parents. We had a delicious dinner and cake to celebrate the milestone. Sadly, the camera stayed in my purse for that.
The kids and I stayed the night with Craig's sister so that we could hang with all the cousins the next day. We had some fun playing in the water. St. George has the greatest parks ever. I wish where we lived had even one park that was fun! The kids are scattered in the pic above, but below from front to back is Jakob, Jaden, Grant, Spencer and Jaron.
Afterwards we went to my parent's place for a quick night before heading up to the cabin.
Jed with Spencer and Tyler. Why do all big dogs think they are lap dogs??
We caravanned up the mountain with my brother and his family. That night, we loaded up and waited for an hour in Duck Creek for a firework show that never was. Apparently they were just setting off some small fireworks on the ground but we thought they would shoot up in the sky. It was quite the letdown! But we got a cute pic so all was not lost! Larrisa, Mark, Lauren, Tyler, Amber, Spencer, Trevor, Megan, and Kaitlyn.
We spent the next day cruising in the Rhino and fishing. The kids had to wear helmets this year which they hated but tried to be good sports about it. I was wishing I had something to wear because after the ride, I was so dirty I looked like I had been working in a coal mine.
There were tons of beautiful yellow flowers. Amber picked some for me :)
The whole family was up there on the fourth. Again, no pictures of the whole crew, but here is one of the men in my life; Matt, Mark, Dad, and Craig.
Me and the honey enjoying the smell of the steaks on the grill.
I brought up some tattoos for the kids. I am a sucker for Fourth of July stuff. Spencer, Tyler, Kaitlyn, Megan, and Amber.
We left the cabin that day so we could be in St. George for the fireworks. They really put on the best show around. They shoot them off from the Sun Bowl as well as the red cliff. Megan with her cousin Brooke.
Amber cracks me up!
The show is about to begin!! It was a fun filled holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment