I was sitting with my friends at Carl's Jr. having lunch on a Saturday lamenting about how I wasn't able to go to Disneyland with my parents and how I was just over-all fed up with winter and the dang cold. Obviously I wasn't the only one as both my friends piped up and said they were sick of the cold and were wishing there was somewhere to go. Morgen had her phone and googled the weather in Las Vegas for the weekend and when we discovered the temps would be in the seventies it really got my heart racing as I thought of my parent's condo. We decided we should drop everything and head south. After a few phone calls to our hubbies and of course to my gracious parents, the two of us with six kids between us had loaded up her van and were headed to sin city within three hours! (And Mandi, you were greatly missed!!)

The trip started a little rough as while trying to feed those six hungry kids in the morning we had a small fire. After arriving after 2am and seeing flames shooting out of a toaster oven, I was beginning to doubt the rationality behind such a spur of the moment trip. Luckily, after letting the smoke clear, we found some fun in the sun and things looked better!

We went to one of my old haunts and fed the ducks at Sunset Park. We then let the kids play for several hours and it was lovely soaking up the warm rays! Bliss!

We did try other adventures that Vegas had to offer. You can't take six kids to Vegas and not visit M and M World. There really isn't much to do, but the kids liked asking if they could have one of everything.

Amber posing by her daddy's drink of choice. (When it comes to coke products that is.)

Here's the whole crew: Spencer, Morgen, Hadley, Devin, Amber, Megan, Lexi and Me.

A look to the future of Devin and Megan in high school :)

You meet a lot of strange people in Vegas.... I hadn't been to Fremont Street in quite a while and we decided it was time to see it again. I'm always a little skittish about going downtown and after warning Morgen about how bad it is, it turned out to be surprisingly fun! We are going back next year and bringing our wedding dresses because apparently if you are in wedding attire on Valentine's Day, you can zip line down Fremont Street for free! We are all over that!

Here's all the kids crammed in the van headed home. It was a LONG drive with fighting, and whining kids, but I think over-all a good time was had. What was my kids' favorite part of the trip you ask? Easy; the bums living in the bushes at the MGM Grand!! They thought that was super cool!!
How fun! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had fun there, I NEVER take my kids to all those places, I HATE downtown. The only places we go is to see family and shopping!
ReplyDelete