Saturday, August 28, 2010

School Is In

Sadly, the summer came to an end for our family when our kids went back to school on the 24th. We had a terrific summer and I would have been sad to send them back to school, but Monday the kids fought ALL day. So Tuesday, no tears were shed by mommy on the first day of school. I didn't even get misty eyed. I guess I am growing up.


I made the kids pose in their usual spots in the morning. Spencer is doing his Calvin Klein "I'm better than you" pose. I totally love it!


His teacher is Miss Carter. She was hired days before school started and it is her first year teaching. I feel for her and hope she is young and fresh with lots of ideas and energy. She'll need it! Perhaps that they both chose green for the first day is a good sign of compatibility?? My fingers are crossed.

I told Spencer to try to look happy for this picture. He said, "But I'm not!" He got a laugh which he loves!


Megan, with freshly chopped hair, was more nervous. She had her outfit picked out for days. She was ready!

She got Mrs. Guymon whom I've heard is a great teacher. Again, hopes are high for both teacher and student!

I took this right before I left. She was a little apprehensive. Her good friend Brooklyn sits directly in front of her so she was more at ease when I pointed that out.

And we can't forget about Amber. With all of her free time she decided to help mommy and clean the bathroom floor. What a helper! She is not taking the transition to be an only child at home all day very well. She has become rather demanding even more so than usual. We hope this will pass!
I sure love these kids and hope we all have a great year! I am one blessed mommy!


3 comments:

  1. They look adorable all ready for school. Mommy may not have teared up but, Auntie did! What a fun background for your blog. I am worried about Trevor. Maybe he'll learn to play with Lauren now Tyler will be gone all day. Even though I enjoy our breaks, I'm looking forward to school resuming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spencer sounds a lot like my Evan! What grades are your kids in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I didn't write that, but Spencer is in fifth grade and Megan is in Second.

    ReplyDelete