DAY TWO
ZION'S NATIONAL PARK
It was a gorgeous day at Zion's. Unfortunately that meant lots of people but there was some beautiful sights to behold. We started slow and walked to weeping rock. Water seeps through the rock and it looks like it is crying. The kids loved it!
After our picnic lunch, we took a more challenging trail to the water falls and emerald pools if I recall the name correctly. It was muddy, crowded, and a little scary, but well worth all the trouble. Gorgeous!
This is at the top of the second pool/waterfall. Craig is in the far left of the photo and they have that single chain to keep you away from a VERY high drop off. I thought I was going to have nightmares that night. I hate having my kids so close to something so dangerous. They don't seem to mind a bit.
DAY THREE
ZION'S NATIONAL PARK
DAY THREE
VALLEY OF FIRE
We didn't go far into Valley of Fire. We made it as far as the pay station and elephant rock. It was a beautiful warm day and we turned the kids loose running around the rocks and finding places to hide. They had a good time while Craig and I soaked in some rays.
RED ROCK
(We skipped day three where we rode 4-wheelers all day then drove to Vegas, had dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and went straight to bed.)
Craig's sister Janet knew of this fun hike not far from her house. At the start of the hike I gave my camera to Craig so this is the only photo I have of the entire day. The wind was howling but it couldn't have been a better walk. The kids had fun running ahead with their cousin Jaron, scaring me and Janet. (Okay maybe just myself!)
DAY FIVE
LAKE HAVASU CITY AND THE LONDON BRIDGE
Craig has been wanting to visit Lake Havasu so this was his big chance. We drove down in the morning and were able to enjoy the warm weather and the water of Havasu. We played at the beach for the first while and then walked the river to explore the bridge.
Craig and Spencer under the bridge. There used to be shops here when I visited about 15 years ago. They have since closed. I guess a sign of bad economy.
We went to the museum with Craig's sister and her two boys. I had not been to this museum and it was fantastic! They had all these activities for the kids to do and we seriously could have been there all day.
Amber and Megan and the mini grocery store. Megan often says she wants to be a checker at Wal-Mart when she grows up so she loved this activity!
Jaron and Spencer loved stacking the blocks up super high and then moving the conveyor belt to make the tower fall. They did this for about 45 minutes!
There were lots of little areas with themes. It this area, Amber dressed up like a policeman. She had on many costumes this day! While at the museum, I happened to run into a really great friend that I haven't seen in a long time. I wish I had a picture of Michele to post!! It was so good to visit with her and Janet while the kids played. This was also Craig's birthday and we celebrated later that night with a dinner at Janet's house. I have no idea why I have no pictures of that but I hope she took some for me!
(We skipped day three where we rode 4-wheelers all day then drove to Vegas, had dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and went straight to bed.)
DAY FIVE
LAKE HAVASU CITY AND THE LONDON BRIDGE
DAY SIX
LEID CHILDREN'S MUSEUM
LEID CHILDREN'S MUSEUM
We went to the museum with Craig's sister and her two boys. I had not been to this museum and it was fantastic! They had all these activities for the kids to do and we seriously could have been there all day.
My post will end here. We did return to my parent's house for some Easter celebrating but I will put that into my Easter post. We had a great Spring Break and hope everyone else did too!
Wow, you guys did some awesome things! do tell what the Mexican restaurant in LV is--we might have to check it out some time. I've always kind of wanted to go see the London Bridge as well. Also, you look super cute and skinny! Maybe I'm going to have to miss our reunion...
ReplyDeleteYou sure packed in a lot of things into your spring break! You made it to some amazing places. I'm glad you had fun, my spring break was a little on the boring side!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! looks spectacular!! Mary did a report on the London Bridge and we have been talking of going there too!!
ReplyDelete