Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Our extended Easter

We were in Overton on Friday and since the whole family was together, we decided to celebrate Easter early. Dad cooked up some yummy ribs and potatoes in the dutch oven and we had a yummy feast.

Craig is "helping" my dad cook the dinner. It was a beautiful sunny day!

Mark and Trevor enjoying the dutch oven yummies. These next pictures are a bit out of order; oops! After the dinner my mom got all the grandkids a bonus Easter basket and hid them around the yard. The kids had a good time finding them and discovering what was inside.


Dakota and Riley showing their bounty.

Left to right: Tyson, Riley, Kimber, Matt, Kaitlyn and Megan all gorging themselves on candy!

Larissa helping her two youngest, Trevor and Lauren, find their baskets.

Amber, who wore this dress-up all day, proudly showing the basket she found.

We traveled home on Saturday so that we could be home for the actual day of Easter.

Easter morning, this is what we awoke to. Snow!!

Spencer showing us his basket from the bunny. (And those are his jammie bottoms, not his undies!)

Later that day, while watching conference, we decorated Easter eggs.

I made Amber wear an apron and she was so proud!

Yeah, I am one of those moms who dress their kids alike, much to Spencer's dismay. I fell in love with this ensemble and thought they looked so cute! I told them to pose for a picture and they did a police line-up so it doesn't look as cute as I would have liked. Oh-well. Megan actually let me put a headband in her hair so that was a bonus. As a not so funny side note, moments after putting Amber in her dress and getting her shoes on her, she gagged herself and barfed all over her new dress and shoes. Lovely, don't ya think?

2 comments:

  1. I saw you guys on Sunday and I have to say, I think your kids wore my favorite Easter outfits this year! That color blue was fabulous! You guys have had non stop adventures!! Thanks for sharing all the fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to make my kids look alike too!! They look cute, how fun!! looks like a fun Easter! I forgot to pick up my camera!!

    ReplyDelete