Thursday, April 30, 2009

The thing with Winter . . .

Anyone that gives me five minutes will hear how much I detest the Winters up here in Utah. I am a desert girl through and through and the thought of the thick white stuff makes me shudder. Winters are long, cold, dull, and did I mention cold?? But the thing with Winter is that it make me appreciate Spring so much more. The grass looks like it is glowing it is so bright, and the flowers are blooming everywhere I look. The neighbors have once again emerged from their homes creating those impromptu gab sessions where we are able to reconnect after the six months of hibernation. It is so nice to know that after a long and cold winter that one thing is certain: It will end and the flowers will once again brighten our world!

2 comments:

  1. What an excellent post! We don't have that awful white stuff here, so I don't feel quite so excited about spring...in fact, I kind of dread it, because that means summer is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't look forward to our summers but, I would have to agree with you that WINTER is dreadful. I'm glad you're finally warming up!

    ReplyDelete